Dec 31, 2009

New Year and All


This painting hangs on my wall. It was a Christmas present several years ago. The artist is my good friend Frank. He and his wife Michele are both very talented artists. I'd plug their web sites here, but the lazy slackers haven't updated them, like forever.

Apropos cats, my favorite restaurant in the whole wide world currently is Hungry Cat in Hollywood. They have such good food, and their cocktails are to die for. Yeah, I'm lush. Sue me. On both front they have staple fare and seasonal specials. Their eggnog was excellent, and I don't even like eggnog. Another good thing about Hungry Cat is that it's really close to Hollywood Arclight Cinemas and Amoeba Records - yeah a real record store at this day and age, I know!

Anyway, I'm just rambling. Happy New Year, and all that.

12 comments:

dive said...

That painting is awesome, Vanda! Yay, Frank!

Happy New Year, my curmudgeounly friend. It may not be cocktail hour over in Pasadena quite yet but it is well into the night here in Blighty so I'm raising a glass of particularly splendid malt whisky to your health.
Cheers!

Vanda said...

Dive, cocktail hour is a frame of mind. Cheers!

Neo said...

We have a few "only here" places in Cincinnati, Skyline Chili being one, You should stop there if ever here.

Happy New Year to you also!

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to you too! I like the name Hungry Cat and I like my 7 and 7's. If I ever open an eatery I'm going to call it The Potato Eaters after Van Gogh.

Keep America Square in 2010

Anonymous said...

I'd say you ramble pretty well. Boldog új évet

ME said...

Happy New Year!

Cafe Pasadena said...

This dog is hungry for cat.

Happy Newest Year, Vanda!

J said...

Love the painting!

Happy New Year.

Vanda said...

Happy New Year.

If I ever go to Cincinnati I'll check out Skyline Chili.

I like potatoes, especially with meat. :P

Petrea Burchard said...

Happy new year, Vanda. And all.

Unknown said...

You have a great site here. I have a blog myself which I hope will inspire people all around the world. Life is hard enough. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com

Unknown said...

You have a great site here. I have a blog myself which I hope will inspire people all around the world. Life is hard enough. I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Jason
TheWISDOMWALL.com