Feb 9, 2008

The low rider is a little higher

It was a beautiful day today so I decided to go out and maybe photograph something. I was just driving around without any set idea. I drove west on San Fernando Road for a while, then started zigzagging around. I was cruising past a park when I was blinded by chrome. There were a bunch of beautiful restored old cars in the small parking lot. I had to pull over and take a closer look.
I grabbed my camera and strolled up to check out the cars and the gathering. There was even a DJ playing groovy tunes of the likes of WAR. I was told he was Steven Chavez from EastLARevue.com. The crowd itself was interesting too, there was a few white people, but mostly Latinos. There were some great faces and facial hair, including a few stunning handlebar mustaches. And hats, hats were big, as were bandanas. There was even one gentleman in a full zoot suit.
I found out that the event was organized by a couple of auto clubs, and the some MTV shoot was supposed to happen later on. A walked around, took some pictures and realized that the cars were not only classic, beautifully restored, but also they were all low riders! I happen to think that low riders are the silliest car fashion, but these babies were hot.
"All my friends know the low rider
The low rider is a little higher

The low rider drives a little slower
Low rider, is a real goer

Hey

Low rider knows every street, yeah
Low rider, is the one to meet, yeah

Low rider don't use no gas now
The low rider don't drive too fast

Take a little trip, take a little trip
Take a little trip and see
Take a little trip, take a little trip
Take a little trip with me"
(WAR)

No comments: