Aug 8, 2010

Sonic Screwdriver


I go to Whole Foods every once in a while. Not often, because who can afford that? Not me that's who. But every once in a while I go. There is a wealth of inspiration in there. For example, Whole Foods has a wide range of fruit juices you won't find in your local grocery store. Hence the inspiration.

This time I give you:


Sonic Screwdriver

Ingredients

A glass large enough to hold 2 cups (16 oz) of liquid
1 oz mint infused vodka*
1 oz ginger liquor
Sant Cruz Organic Mango Orange Juice
fresh mint leaves
ice

Place ice in glass. Add liquor. Pour in Mango Orange juice. Stir. Garnish with mint.

It won't even feel alcoholic, but resist the urge to up the alcohol, because it'll kick you in the face, and won't even apologize for it afterwards. Now, excuse me while I munch on my organic raw goat milk feta cheese.


*What do you mean, you don't have mint infused vodka? What's wrong with you?

7 comments:

dive said...

I have vodka. I have fresh mint in the garden. I'm going for it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you with your ginger liqueur again. What, you think I'm made out of money? If you're that rich, where's your Reyes Point blue cheese?

Margaret said...

I bought the Ginger liqueur and made the Hard Lemonade. Yum! This sounds good too.

Vanda said...

What can I say, I'm on a ginger kick. Have you ever had ginger chews?

Amy said...

I like the Dr. Who variety, and this beverage sounds equally awesome.

Agatha Brimsley said...

Adding a thought... A local eatery has put Mango-Lemonade on their menu, and saying at the time to the waitress: "This would make a really good drink if only you'd add Vodka!". I wonder if you added lemon?

Here: http://cookeatshare.com/recipes/mango-lemonade-336272

Vanda said...

Yeah! Why not? Or Limoncello. ;P