Dec 22, 2008

Winter

I guess the rest of the country must look like something like this. It's very pretty, but not very practical when you are trying to go about your business.

This is a Czech postcard from the 40's. Quite pretty in its almost abstract winteryness. Yet it's the two-headed piglet of my collection.

It has History stamped all over it. It's like a carnival freak show, I'm not sure how I should feel about staring.

For finisher, something more light hearted:


A chalet from the 1960 Winter Olympics. I love those baby blue and pastel classic cars serenely resting under the snow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, two-headed pig -- never heard that expression. Means freaky, right? Macabre.

Fascinating! History in your hand; I was so busy admiring the handwriting it took me awhile to get to the stamp.

The Viewliner Limited said...

A Christmas message from Richard on board the Viewliner Limited:

May this Christmas end the present year on a cheerful note
and make way for a fresh and bright new year.

Here's wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I was so busy admiring the flourishes in the text that I missed Adolph.
I have a post card written in German. It was written post WWII but the card itself is before or during the war. I noticed an area was drawn over with ink so I scratched it off and discovered a waving flag with a swastika on it.